Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
The A-B-C's of Beer Tasting - Saturday 23rd March
London, United Kingdom
Beer Aroma and Flavour Appreciation
At last, the basics of beer explained! Think of this as a crash course of the main ingredients: Malts and Hops
Beer is complex and takes years to develop in-depth knowledge, but we'll give you the basics so you can be confident about your beer tasting abilities. You'll begin a process of training your palate to more accurately detect the basic elements of beer. Not only will you be able to appreciate your beer more, you'll impress your friends. Result.
In this session, you'll:
- Learn what Malts and Hops are
- Study real Malts and Hops
- Understand their process in beer
- Discover, taste and smell common beer aroma and flavour standards relating to Malts and Hops
After the session, you'll be able to:
- Better understand beer labels
- Not be confused by the different flavours and aromas present in beers
- Be more confident to explore new beers
- Be able to attribute the different elements correctly
This provides the building blocks to being able to appreciate beer. Please note, this session is most suitable for people with little or no knowledge about beer and its ingredients.
The Savoy Tup
2 Savoy Street
WC2R 0BA London
The Craft Beer Social Club
The Craft Beer Social Club is a club for lovers of beer. We specialise in supporting, promoting and educating about British beers (real ales and craft beers).